Saturday, October 13, 2007

Island Fever

Phangan is paradise, I wish you could all be here with me.

Nothing really to report on, we've been on the island for over a week now and I could stay another year. But, places to go, things to see. I just booked a flight from Singapore to Siem Reap, Cambodia on Nov. 1st. Looks like the itinerary goes a little something like this: Travel the peninsula down to Singapore, then back up to Cambodia and onward. Phuket - Khao Lak - liveaboard scuba - Khao Lak - Krabi - Satun - Georgetown - Cameroon Highlands - Kuala Lumpur - Melaka - Singapore - Siem Reap - Phnom Penh - Vietnam. I've heard the typhoon did a number on central Vietnam so I'll probably explore Southern and Northern Vietnam. Phew. It's been a lot of travel planning lately.

Rachael leaves from Phuket after the liveaboard to head back to B-town.

I updated some pics. Oh and I watched the gamecast of the 5th inning on of the Rockies game... Hell yes! Wow, go Rocks. Come on, Where the HELL is this coming from?! When did we catapult from a mediocre, underfunded farm team to 2-0 in the NLCS? *sighs*. I'm also jealous, James, that you are going to game 3. I hate you with a passion, but have fun mate.

Motorbikes rule. Cruising the island on the bike is so nice. The food is good and cheap. The hiking trails are ummm... not really hiking trails, but they are fun adventures anyway.

I miss fall in Colorado, save some for me. I should be back earlier than expected so I can keep a little in the bank for who-knows-what's-next.

:)

-Chris

Taking Back Sunday - My Blue Heaven

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.